The following is a fictional story based on an actual client of Rock My Image. Names have been changed to protect the client’s identity.
Charlene is a business coach based in Denver, CO specializing in helping professionals grow their business. Charlene is successful, well respected in her industry as a business coach, has great relationships with professionals in her field, and recently won an industry award as a “Rising Star.”
Until recently, Charlene has been marketing her coaching business with traditional options such as word of mouth and individual sales calls. She is now taking action to elevate her internet presence, refine her image, and sell products such as online classes and trainings. While her in-person workshops receive rave reviews from attendees, the travel schedule left her with little family time and kept her from tending to business more than she wanted.
Charlene made the decision to hire someone to help with social media posting, but was seeing little to no results and didn’t understand how to move her business to a successful online model since the social media results were poor.
Upon analysis from the Rock My Image team, we noticed that the content, Facebook in particular, didn’t lend itself to engagement and lead generation. There were three main issues that needed to be fixed.
Facebook Marketing Problem:
- The content was entertaining, but it was not helpful, relevant or informative to her audience. Posting comedic memes and funny cartoons on social media will not result in sales.
- The Facebook posts that were created didn’t drive traffic back to her website. The content had no calls to action driving the viewer to a sale.
- The posts were not “boosted” with paid advertising. New Facebook algorithms practically require for your posts to be boosted in order for them to be seen. Yes, even by your fans.
Facebook Marketing Solution:
- Create interesting, relevant and helpful content on her blog and share it on Facebook with custom graphics.
- Drive traffic back to her website by ensuring each social post clicked through to her site and had a clear call to action.
- Each post receives a paid advertising boost of between $7 and $20.
To boost posts on your Facebook Page:
○ Go to a post you’ve created and then click Boost Post in the lower-right corner.
○ Choose your audience and budget based on how many people you want to reach and how long you’d like your boost to run. You can also change your payment method.
○ Click Boost Post.
In month one the results are in: Facebook engagement is up 346%. Charlene is excited about being able to see a return on her Facebook investment and currently developing her first online class.
Getting business value out of Facebook is possible! It just requires focused, valuable content that is supported by paid advertising. If done correctly, Facebook for business can produce clear, measurable results.
Action Item: If you currently have a blog, share one of your blog posts on your Facebook page through the social sharing widgets in your theme. If you don’t have these installed check out Shareaholic for WordPress.
Learn more about how to set the stage for marketing success by ordering a copy of our book Amplify Your Business: A Rockstar Professional’s Guide to Marketing Success. CLICK TO GET IT NOW.